Saturday, December 14, 2013

Corey's Favorite Christmas Movies

I came out with this list a few years ago - now I am moving everything over to the new blog - so here it is again.  I do not think I have any others to add here.  Corey's Favorite Christmas Movies - in no particular order...
  • Scrooged (1988) - Despite its comic theme - I think this is one of the best adaptations of a Christmas Carol. I saw it just recently and forgot how much I enjoyed it!
  • It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - One of the greatest movies of all time - a truly inspirational film. Truth be told - I never saw it until college. If you do not cry at the end, you, my friend, are already dead...
  • Love Actually (2003) - Along with Elf, this is a movie that you can watch any time of the year and enjoy it. I think this has a tremendous cast and holds together very well...an excellent movie indeed. Christmas is all around us...OK, you won't be singing it, but it is perfect!
  • Elf (2003) - So many Will Ferrell movies work better in coming attractions than they do in reality. This is definitely not one of them. This movie is simply fantastic and funny for all ages. Oh the best coffee in the world! Sometimes you need the enthusiasm of Buddy the Elf.
  • Miracle on 34th Street (1947) - A classic that deserves a spot here...having worked retail at Christmas - I have a soft spot for films that take place in department stores - like Elf.
  • MST 3K's Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1991) - Maybe this does not fit - but MST3K is brilliant and this episode is hilarious...lentils...you will get it once you see it!
Honorable Mentions:

  • The Santa Clause (1994) - At first, I wanted NOTHING to do with this movie - but seeing it a year or two later, I found real charm in the movie. Bernard the Elf is my favorite.... Some Disney touches are over the top - but the movies succeed more than it fails.
  • White Christmas (1954) - Another classic - and who does not love Danny Kaye?

What I missed...I really do not like A Christmas Story, sue me!








No comments:

Post a Comment